Frequently Asked Questions on Digital Marketing
Why Choose Site Hospital as Your Digital Marketing Agency?
The professional marketing team at Site Hospital has many years of experience working with many "other" online marketing agencies, in all aspects of digital marketing. Over the years, we have discovered that many online marketing agencies don't necessarily give you all of the "correct" data that your business deserves to grow and increase online visibility and customer acquisition.
One of our primary goals is to be transparent with our clients and emphasize the significance of measuring ROI appropriately. Several companies don’t provide this data or prioritize its significance. Oftentimes, agencies will only provide ranking reports and traffic volume. Our goal is to give our clients better knowledge and understanding of our products and services, so that we can accurately analyze the data and paint the entire picture.
What our competitors provide:
- Irrelevant traffic trends and metrics
- Linear strategy with unclear goals
- Outsource their work to "other" white label agencies outside the US to minimize costs
What Site Hospital provides:
- Complete transparency and communication with primary owners and marketing team
- Tracking conversions and providing "real time" metrics that matter
- Long-term & Short Term ROI
- Metrics and sequential strategy custom tailored for each client
We have developed and structured our online marketing strategy to give our clients the best possible Search ROI. After years in the industry, we have seen many deceiving tactics and metrics thrown at customers, sometimes agencies will even completely take advantage of their customer's ignorance when it comes to everything with the online space. We have designed a system to be more efficient, helpful, and transparent that will take a business's website from creation with no search results, to a recognized brand with unmatched competition.
To begin, when a new client is received, we will conduct a full site audit and on-boarding call, to gain more information on your business's information and goals. After we complete the audit, we will have a better understanding of your business's current strengths and weaknesses, and where we need to begin to start increasing traffic or increasing customer acquisition.
Besides providing top level SEO services, we also provide a host of additional online marketing services. All of our services are done with the upmost professionalism and quality, to grow customer acquisition and increase sales!
By choosing Site Hospital as your Digital Marketing Agency, you will maximize the strength of your brand, website, and overall online presence, all while saving money in the long run (due to strong rankings and efficient ad targeting).
Site Hospital provides real-time conversion tracking by utilizing the most up-to-date tracking tools that integrate directly with Google Analytics, allowing us to track impressions, clicks, calls, and more. We also provide all of our clients with their own custom Google Dashboard - allowing our clients to directly monitor real-time metrics they're interested in. Depending on what stage your business is in, services interested in, and specific goals you have, we can help accurately track and take your business to new heights!
In order to calculate ROI correctly, it's important to differentiate short term and long term metrics:
- If the site is in it’s infancy stage, our focus will be on increasing website traffic; mainly Organic and local traffic sources.
- Once the site is acquiring and maintaining a high volume of traffic, we’ll work on improving lead conversions that include contact forms, phone calls, and requests for directions (Google).
- Now that we’re maintaining relatively high conversion rates (determined based on industry), we’ll focus on the quality of leads and begin measuring the amount of new customers acquired each month.
Short Term Value can be measured by various increases in traffic metrics and leads.
Long Term Value can be measured by the acquisition of new customers.
Yes, Site Hospital will always be fully transparent with you every step of the way.
To begin, we will need to thoroughly audit your business's website to accurately determine what stage your website is currently in, and what items need to be addressed right away (Depending on what phase your business's website is in, will depend on exactly what services are needed right away).
After the audit is completed, we will draw up a contract stating what phase your website is in, and detailing exactly what work will be accomplished over the defined time period. Throughout each month, we will update you on what items have been completed, and what items remain outstanding. After each phase is completed, we will begin working on the next phase to make sure your overall web presence is the best it can be!
At Site Hospital, we offer 3 easy options to choose from no matter what stage of business your in:
- Maintenance Package
- This package is perfect for start ups, or businesses, who want to monitor and gain insights into current traffic metrics. Included in this package, we will provide the bare essentials to start increasing you business's online presence. We offer a complete site audit, Google Analytics tracking implementation, in-depth keyword research & competitor analysis, strategy development, and basic support to help get you started. Our maintenance package starts at $500/month.
- Small Business Package
- This package is perfect for small businesses, or start ups, that are ready to increase their overall online presence, grow customer acquisition, and challenging their competition in the search engines. Included in this package, is everything in the Maintenance package, plus our top website optimization services (search engine optimization, local listing builder, reputation management, and link building). Our small business package starts at $1,500/month.
- Enterprise Package
- This package is perfect for e-commerce businesses, large enterprises, or any company who is serious about taking their business to the next level and increasing their overall brand awareness. Included in this package, is everything in the Maintenance package & Small Business package, plus our premium brand building marketing services (email marketing, social media marketing, online advertising, and conversion rate optimization). With this package, you are sure to stand out from the crowd, and will rise above the competition. Our enterprise package starts at $10,000/month.
All of your content will be optimized to the highest standards in the marketing industry. We go above and beyond to make sure your all on-site and off-site content is accurate, up-to-date, and keyword optimized, to make your brand stand out from the other searches!
If new pages, content, or additional tools or work is needed, or recommended, we will always run it by you first, and work with you to develop a solid strategy to give you the best results for your business.
External inbound backlinks are one of the most important parts of any online marketing effort. Without good links pointing to your website you'll find it hard to rank higher than your competitors. However, not every link is a good backlink. If you choose the wrong SEO agency, and they build spammy links which don't adhere to Google's guidelines, you risk the website being penalized and you may never achieve your goals.
At Site Hospital, we prefer Quality over Quantity, as search engines such as Google will recognize that the more relevant and useful a link is, the more useful your site is to potential visitors. We build links with trusted and verified business directories, review sites, industry/niche specific directories, and local directories/sites. We also review all inbound and outbound links on a monthly basis, to make sure no spam links are hurting your overall online rankings.
General Online Marketing Questions for Local Businesses
Local SEO is a more complicated subset, where you’re optimizing signals both on and off a website to influence the relevancy of that site for searches in a particular geographic area. Google automatically returns local search results for certain business types, even when a city isn’t included in the search phrase.
In your browser, type in the service(s) you offer (e.g. “property management”, “pediatrician”, “roofing”, “real estate”, “jeweler”). Google will return a list of businesses near your location – even though you didn’t include a city in your search query.
Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is the practice of optimizing the content of a website to better reflect the services and locations of a business. There are many factors that Search Engines (i.e. Google, Bing, Yahoo) take into account to provide the best possible search results when you look for something online. In order to rank high in the search results, you want to make sure all elements such as Page Titles, Heading Tags (i.e. H1, H2, H3, etc), Images, and page content (paragraph text) have the target keyword combinations for that specific page to rank. There are also many other on-site elements and off-site elements (business directories, review sites, news articles, etc).
Overall, all these factors help Search Engines deliver the most accurate and relevant information to the users when searching for a particular product, service, or whatever else they may be looking for. SEO is important in establishing a solid foundation for your website to grow. The name of the game is increasing your search results and rankings to gain Organic search traffic (Free traffic). After the solid foundation has been laid, you can then move onto other online marketing ventures such as online ads (Google Ad Words, Facebook ads), Social Media Marketing, Content Marketing, Email Marketing, etc.
Backlinks are any "link" from another website that connects to a specific page on your website. Backlinks are very important in ranking factors within the search engines! The more links you have coming to your site, the more useful Search Engines perceive you to be to potential searchers. However, it is important to note, that more is not always better! When having backlinks direct to your site, quality is always better than quantity! If you have lots of backlinks coming to your site, but none of those sites are relevant to whatever service, industry, or location your serve, then Search Engines will recognize this as spam and will penalize your site - meaning lower rankings!
Backlinks can be any link that points a user to your site. This means Business Directories, Review sites, Social sites, Other websites and news articles. Also, don't forget to link back to other relevant site as well. You can think of backlinks as networking - you want to help visitors/users find what they are looking for; the more you useful you are, the more visitors and search engines will find you effective (thus higher rankings!).
There are many tools out there to check the status of current links and prospect new links. Here are two simple, and free, tools for you to check what sites are linking to your site, and if any previous links are broken:
Business citations are all the places, other than your website, where your business is listed online. These may include major Search Engine Profiles (Google My Business, Bing Profile, Yahoo Profile), Business Directories & Industry Directories (Better Business Bureau, Yellow Pages, Super Pages, etc), Review sites (Yelp, Kudzu, City Search), Social Sites (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc) and many other smaller niche sites.
'NAPs' stands for Name, Address, Phone Number. Your "NAP" must be consistent across all sources, otherwise Search Engines and Visitors looking for your business can become confused or directed to incorrect contact information. It's always a good idea to check your listings. At Site Hospital, we constantly check and republish business listing information twice a month to make sure your business is reflected correctly online!
To see what your website's current page speed is, we recommend using Google's Page Speed Testing Tool.
It is quick and easy to start tracking visitors to your website. We recommend using Google Analytics. This is a free tool offered by Google that can help you better understand the types of traffic coming to your site (Organic, Direct, Referral, Social, etc), the demographics of visitors (age, gender, location, etc), the time and day when people are most active on your site, the device used to visit (desktop computer, tablet, mobile), and many other factors.
To get started with Google Analytics, all you need is a Google email (Gmail) account. Then you fill in the necessary information on Google Analytics, and you will receive a tracking code, that you can implement on your site and start tracking visitors to your site! If you need help setting up Google Analytics, there is a step-by-step guide offered by Google.
Another free tool that we recommend, that can offer even greater insights into your site's traffic and overall web health is Google Search Console - previously called Webmaster Tools. This tool can help provide important health metrics such as crawl errors, broken links, site security issues, as well as, clicks, impressions, keyword rankings, search terms, and more!
Schema is code, or tags of microdata (structured data), that includes vocabulary that search engines can better understand. Essentially, you can think of schema as a labeling system for the search engines. This labeling system will help search engines produce more relevant search results to users, which is why schema is VERY important for businesses - without it, you are not providing enough relevant information for search engines to help users find what they are looking/searching for.
There are many different type of tags related to web elements, local businesses, recipes, events, and much more. Schema offers a complete list of what type of unique tags are available, and applicable, to your business. By utilizing schema in your seo & online marketing efforts, you can be sure to increase your business's search results and overall sales!
A good way to test if there is schema currently on your site, or to check if you have implemented it correctly, it to utilize Google's Structured Data Testing Tool.
Check out our structured data markup tutorial for a step-by-step guide on how to implement schema on your site.
While no agency can truly guarantee a #1 ranking for all desired search terms, here are some guidelines to follow to achieve 1st page status:
- Prominence = Backlinks + Directories + Reviews
- Relevance = Location Pages + Google category + 3rd Party Categories + Name
- Proximity = Proximity of Address to the point of search + Proximity of Address to Centroid
Digital Marketing Statistics
Why Your Website Matters
- 77% of potential customers/patients are using search engines prior to ever booking an appointment.
- The top three search results receive 50% of all clicks on Google.
- 61% of mobile searchers are more likely to contact a local business if they have a mobile-friendly site.
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as they trust personal recommendations.
- Leads from search engines have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (ex. cold-calling, direct mail, etc.) have a 1.7% close rate.
- 86% of people look up the location of a business on Google Maps.
Where Is Your Business Ranking?
In your browser, type in the service(s) you offer (e.g. "property management," "roofing," "real estate," "jeweler," etc.). Google will return a list of businesses near your current location - even though you didn't include a city in your search query.
Have Questions or Interested in a Site Audit?
Please fill out the form below and let us know whatever questions you may have!